Saturday, December 28, 2013

Nonfiction Book Writing: The New Process

Nonfiction Bookwriting

I love to learn from others. Like my mother always told me, "You don't have all the time in the world to make all the mistakes there are to make. Take the time to learn from others." So what I am saying here is - take the time to check out NonFiction Book Writing:The New Process. It is well worth your time and it will save you time if you are an author. There is a bonus. Wait for it...links to other people that will help you in the process. (such as an editor with very reasonable rates)

This is a fabulous book about writing a non-fiction book. The exciting part for me, right off the hop, is the contents section which tells me what I am going to learn "how to" do. Some of what is covered:
  • You will learn about the easiest things to write about and the easiest way to do it. (what free software you need)
  • What you need to know about working with "Outlines" and efficient ways to organize your writing.
  • Polishing your work - editing and proof-reading.
  • Overcoming procrastination.
  • Guaranteeing your success as an author.
  • Two important things that increase sales.
"I believe that writing is one of the best ways to help others. We all know something that would benefit someone else. The world would be a better place if everyone helped each other by sharing their knowledge. Writing is the way of sharing your knowledge and experience with the world. This is something I do every day. My goal is to help as many people as possible and provide them solutions to their problems."
Look at the quote above. Ian Stables has a way of thinking that is a secret to success. Like Ian, I feel strongly about helping others achieve their goals. It brings me great pleasure to see others succeed and if I have a helping hand in that - Cool!

I think that 'sharing knowledge with each other' can be compared to a sports game.
  1. The players work their magic together and create an energetic frenzy for the fans.
  2. The players get interviewed and tell you "how" they get into the zone and master their craft.
  3. The fans continue to support and learn from the players and bring the magic back into their own lives.
Back to the writing world - Ian Stables has taken the time to share his expertise in book writing to help others and shows us "how to". What follows is, the readers/authors feeling the magic in their own lives. As a fellow author, this excites me. I am not kidding. (Probably more than my husband seeing his favorite sports teams in action. He would argue this point with me)

PS: Go get this book if you are an author or an aspiring one. It is well worth it :)

Available on Amazon. Links to purchase in USA & Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment